Los Angeles residence house manual

8. FAQ

8.1 ESTA and visitor Visa

It is your responsibility to make sure you have the necessary travel documents and authorizations to travel to the United States. Visitors from Denmark & Finland are required to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization, also known as ESTA >

For more information about traveling and entering the United States >

If you have any further questions, contact your home country’s US Embassy >

8.2 Lost or stolen passport

Contact your country’s consulate in Los Angeles for assistance.

Consulate General of Finland, Los Angeles:

  • Tel: +1 310 203 9903, ext. 1, from Monday to Thursday 10 am – 12 pm (noon)
  • Email: passi.los@formin.fi
  • Address: 11900 West Olympic Blvd, suite 580, Los Angeles, CA 90064

8.3 Insurance

Remember to have your own sufficient travel insurance as DPA and SML do not cover any injuries, broken, missing, or stolen items during your stay. There are no locks on the bedrooms, but the only people staying in the house are people who have applied for a stay through our organizations. If you would like to know who is staying in the house for the same period as yourself, please contact: sml@muusikkojenliitto.fi.

8.4 Emergencies

Call 911 for medical or police assistance.

TIP: Most smartphones have an emergency button or sequence for situations, where calling the emergency number is not possible. Make sure you know how to use your phone in case of such situations.

TIP: If you are using Uber or Lyft and encounter an uncomfortable or dangerous situation with the driver or other passengers, open the app and press the “panic button”, it will automatically call 911.