Berlin residence rental guide
2. Music listening
Check that power on light is lit at least in the left and right speakers if you want to listen to stereo material. If power lights are off, turn the speakers on using the dial in the low left corner on the front of the speakers, and turn the dial fully clockwise. When listening to multichannel audio or using ambient simulations, turn on all of the 5 speakers, unless they are already switched on. Volume is controlled using the remote control (Yamaha).
You can listen to CD’s using the Blu-Ray player upstairs (Samsung, top left on the shelf):
- Turn on the Blu-Ray player with a remote.
- Turn on the TV with a remote (Panasonic).
- With the TV remote, press AV (top right corner) and then select HDMI 1 from the menu that pops up.
If you want to listen to CD’s on the Playstation 3 console, choose HDMI 2.
When listening to normal stereo material, select a STEREO program, and to bypass ambient simulations select STRAIGHT. Volume is controlled using the large +/- buttons of the remote.
2.2 Listening to music from your own device
You can listen to music from your phone, laptop etc:
- Connect your device to the white cable (3,5 mm mini stereo headphone type jack) that is located either on or behind the TV shelf.
- Choose MD/CD-R as the amplifier (Yamaha) source.
- Choose either ”2 ch STEREO” or ”7 ch STEREO” as the sound program by pressing the blue ”STEREO” button on the amplifier’s remote.
You can also use the Bluetooth-receiver (Belkin P09) on the living room TV shelf. Choose ”CD” as the source.
2.3 Listening to music at the work station
You can also connect your own music players to the downstairs workstation speakers. Connect your device to the mixer using the cable on the table.
All speakers in the residence are active speakers by Genelec. “Active” means that each speaker must be powered up before use. If there is no sound, check the power on LED in the front of the speakers first. To the left of the TV table upstairs there is an active subwoofer that must be powered up in order for the audio signal to pass to the satellite speakers (3 in front, 2 in the rear).
The speakers may be left powered up under normal circumstances, even when leaving the residence. Upstairs, four of the speakers are placed on a stand, but are not attached to the stand. The stands do not stand very firmly on the uneven wooden floor, so please do not move or push them.